Channel 4 Street Summer Commercial Song Shakespeare by Akala.

This August, Channel 4 celebrates Britain's vibrant urban culture. From street dance, urban sport, street art and graffiti to rap/spoken word and hip hop, Street Summer explores the world of contemporary urban cool.


Channel 4 Street Summer Commercial
Song: Shakespeare by Akala

This is the full length version of the Street Summer promo - featuring Professor Green, Wretch 32, Ms Dynamite, Faith SFX, Akala and Ms Bratt. Also the graffiti artist Artful Dodger and cyclist Danny Mackaskill. Directed by Neil Gorringe. Learn more

It’s Not a Rumour
Lyrics used in the commercial
Nigger listen, when i spit on the riddem, I kill em,
raw like the Ball of Brazilians,
you don't war, cor the kids brilliant,
blood, im the heir to the throne,
not William, Akala, smart as King Arthur,
darker, harder, faster,
rasclaat, I kick the illa shit,
it's like Shakespeare, with a nigger twist,
lyricist, im the best on the road,
nitro flow, oh-so-cold, I'ma blow yo,
keep the hoes, I only want dough homes,
nobody close, I'm alone in my own zone,
no no love for the po-po,
loco when I rock mics solo,
I hope that you know, where you don't go thoe,
want it with Bolo? Must be coco,
its William back from the dead,
but I rap bout gats and I'm black instead,
it's Shakespeare, reincarnated,
except I spit flows and strip hoes naked,
no fakin'-test my blood bruv,
its William, back as a tug cuz,
so real the shit I kick now,
plus I don't rite, I recite my shit now,
straight from the top, expert timin'
on top of that now, the whole things rhymin'
no more tights, now jeans saggin'
if I say so myself, I'm much more handsome,
don't ever compare me to rappers,
I'm so quick-witted that I split em like fractions,
my shit, I tell em like this...
It's like Shakespeare with a nigger twist... ..

Music video by Akala performing Shakespeare. (C) 2007 Akala.


Song: Shakespeare by Akala
Released: May 1, 2006 (From the Album It’s Not a Rumour)
Buy the song on Amazon here.

Related Posts

Post a Comment

Subscribe Our Newsletter