Coalition Against Battered Women Domestic Abuse It Rarely Stops Commercial Song Mercy Street by Emy Reynolds. (Original version by Peter Gabriel)

Such a moving voice great. love her cover and her voice is fantastic...? Here's a domestic violence PSA that clearly shares the horrific violence of domestic abuse without actually showing the violence. National Domestic Violence Hotline 1-800-799-SAFE (7233)


Coalition Against Battered Women: Domestic Abuse It Rarely Stops Commercial
Song: Mercy Street by Emy Reynolds (Original version by Peter Gabriel)

Artists such as Cat Stevens, Eric Clapton, Johnny Cash, Simon and Garfunkel, Loggins and Messina, and early country tunes morphed my early love for music. We all sang loud together in the car. My mom taught me piano and took me to lessons next to a white church by the park. Learn more

Mercy Street
Lyrics used in the commercial
Nowhere in the corridors of pale green and grey
Nowhere in the suburbs
In the cold light of day

There in the midst of it so alive and alone
Words support like bone

Dreaming of mercy st.
Wear your inside out
Dreaming of mercy......

From the very beginning hearing my mom’s accordion and piano playing intrigued me. She played mostly polka, classical and Joni Mitchell songs. It was on road trips as a young kid that I would sort through the bag of cassette tapes in our 1984 yellow Volvo that I learned of the early folk artists that I fell in love with. My mom and dad's cassette collection was vast and influencing.

Music video by Peter Gabriel performing Mercy Street Recording at Air. (C) 2011 Peter Gabriel.


Song: Mercy Street by Peter Gabriel
Released: 19 May 1986 (From the Album So)
Buy the song on Amazon here.

Related Posts

Post a Comment

Subscribe Our Newsletter